November 2020 Issuing of Section 114
A letter was sent to Katherine Kerswell, the Interim CEO of Croydon Council, on the 13th November by Yvonne Green, our Branch Secretary following the issuing of a section 114 by the Croydon Council on Wednesday 11th November and the subsequent announcement made by the interim CEO to staff.
The announcement implied that that it was the failure of committed staff to cease non-essential spending that caused the council to issue a section 114. However Yvonne highlighted in her letter that it was not our members that caused this mess; our members did not make the decisions that resulted in hugh overspend of budgets and our members did not approach the Council’s finances with “corporate blindness.”
October 2020 Report in the Public Interest
The Staff Review that took place during the summer has now closed. However, due to the publication of the Report in the Public Interest on Friday 23rd October concerning the Council’s financial position and related governance arrangements, further reviews are expected.
- Please refer to our Autumn Newsletter for updates: click here
- Croydon Council – Report in the Public Interest
- Letter to Katherine Kerswell re the Report in the Public Interest
- Staff Review: Microsoft Teams Meeting with Sarah Jones MP 9th October 2020
August 2020 Restructure
- Please refer to summer 2020 newsletter for initial update: click here
- Letter to Councillor Tony Newman, 27 July 2020
- Email from Yvonne Green to Jo Negrini, Chief Executive, including Sue Moorman, Director of HR and department heads
- Yvonne and Louise Meeting with Croydon Council ELT on 30th July 2020
August 2020 Restructure Meetings
During the week commencing 10th August 2020, a series of online meetings concerning the Croydon Council restructure will be held by Yvonne Green, Branch Secretary, and Louise O’Hara, Regional Organiser.
These are private meetings for all those directly affected by the restructure. You should have been sent an invitation to your registered email address if you are affected. If you have not received an invitation, but you are affected, please send an email to email@example.com